We have received a voluminous project from one of our trusted clients which we need to translate using SDL Trados studio.
Client: Microsoft (Indirect Client) Task: Machine Translation Post Editing (MTPE) & Revision of MTPE Language Pair: English to Korean Domain: IT & Software Total Volume: 800K words, 400K words for MTPE and 400K words for Revision Deadline: 21 days
- We need to delivered the file on staggered basis or in batches i.e. we need to deliver the portion of this project within a stimulated time.
- Folder structure is very complex as it consists of multiple folders with sub folders and sub-sub folders. Total no of working sdlxliff files are 149.
- There are multiple instructions, glossaries, Styleguide and translation memories as well which we need to follow while working on this task.
- Firstly, we shared only the instructions, glossaries and the client’s requirement to our linguists so that they can just go through all the materials before starting with the task.
- Shared the files folder wise, prepare a proper google sheet with all the information’s so that we can track accordingly.
- As soon as we complete the MTPE part of a particular batch, we started our review process simultaneously.
- We use limited linguists for review part to maintain the overall quality.
- After both the process is done, a QA tool (X-Bench) was run and we found multiple errors which we shared with one of our linguists and then we fixed all the changes at our end before sharing the final files.
We do receive some feedback and then we reworked on them as per their requirements and successfully delivered the task followed by Language Signed off (LSO) procedure. Client’s due date was successfully met which also resulted in cost savings.
Client: Cobot Lift (direct Client) Task: Translation
Language Pair: English to German Domain: Mechanical Total Volume: 6500 words Deadline: 18.03.21 (7 days)
- Professional translation requires specialized knowledge and proficiency in translating a language pair. Therefore, it was a challenge to find domain-specific linguists who met the client's expectations.
- Technical mechanical terms are used in the file, so we used resources who are experts in this domain.
- We have received scanned PDF and the files contain a lot of images which increases our difficulty in terms of formatting.
- We have team of linguist for mechanical domain. After finalizing the suitable resource, we shared all the instructions and requirements with the resource..
- After the translation of user Manual is done, we assigned the file to other domain specific linguists who reviewed the completed work thoroughly as per the client’s requirement.
- After completing the task, our in house technical specialists worked on the formatting part which help us to generate the target file as per the client requirement.
We successfully completed and delivered the translation of user Manual from English into German within the time limit, does not elicit any negative feedback from the client resulting in positive and trustworthy collaboration.
Linguidoor has always been on its way to excel in offering reliable user Manual translation Services with high quality yet cost effective within the time limit.
Client: Amazon (Indirect Client) Task: Machine Translation Post Editing (MTPE) & Revision Language Pair: Chinese to Korean Domain: Business Total Volume: 50K words, 34.5K words for MTPE, and 15.5K words for Revision Deadline: 7 days
- Business translation requires specialized knowledge and proficiency in the language pair to be translated. Therefore, finding domain-specific linguists who can meet the client's expectations was a bit of a challenge.
- There are so many issues including the style of writing, grammar, words, inconsistency.
- To meet the client’s clearly defined requirements, we had to ensure that we had the right team in place, especially for the content.
- We assigned the task with two different domain specific translators who is well versed with the content. And then use one translator to review the content thoroughly as per the client’s need.
- Before sharing the final files, we run a QA tool (X-Bench) and filter the files by removing all the errors.
We completed and successfully delivered the task before the deadline. Satisfied and impressed with our work, the client has chosen us as their ‘trustworthy translation partner’. We are receiving the task on regular basis.