Language is the tool which signifies and separates us from rest. For instance, there are about 6500 languages spoken in the world today. These languages offer us an identity and overall make this world more beautiful. As per the result of the latest census, the today world stands at a population of 7.7 Billion. We all might have come with a question of which is the Most Important Languages of the World, at some point in our life. In short, today we are with an article to our leaders of languages.
1. Spanish Language
- Native Speakers: 460 million
- Non-Native Speakers: 177 million
- Total Number of Speakers: 577 million
- Name of Language: españolor Castellano
- Language family: Romance, A sub-family of Indo-European
Spanish is an official language of 21 countries. In short, the most prominent speakers of Spanish have situated in Spain, Mexico, most of the parts of South and Central America. The origination of this language can be seen near the Castilla region of Spain. Spanish is spoken by about 7.6 % population of the world which truly makes it to the list of Most Important Languages of The world. Since there has been steep growth in Spanish speakers, as per El País there will be around 754 million speakers around the globe by 2060.
2. English Language
- Native Speakers:379 Million
- Non-Native Speakers: over 1 Billion
- Total Number of Speakers: 1.5 Billion
- Name of Language itself: English
- Language family: Germanic, it is more of a sub-family of Indo-European
The spread of English Language all over the globe and the number of non-native speakers is the speciality of this language. Therefore, some credits are sure for British Empire rule in various countries. The recent cultural and Economic growth has led to an unprecedented expansion of “English” language. For many many people “English language” is more of a synonym to opportunities and quality of life.
3. Mandarin (Chinese) Language
- Native Speakers: 897 million
- Non-Native Speakers: 193 million
- Total speakers: 1.09 billion
- Name of Language: 普通话 (Putonghua)
- Language family: Sino-Tibetan
Chinese is by far the most spoken language in the world. It’s an official language of People Republic of China, Taiwan, and Singapore. It is written in an ancient pictorial system which is known as “Han Characters”. Well if you wish to read to a Mandarin Newspaper you need to have knowledge of at least 2000-3000 characters. A chinse person is acknowledged with about 8000 characters.
4. Hindi Language
- Native Speakers: 341 Million
- Non-Native Speakers:150 Million
- Total Number of Speakers: 490 Million
- Name of Language: हिन्दुस्तानी or ہندوستانی
- Language family: Indo-Aryan, More of a Sub-Family of Indo-European
Hindustani/Hindi is the language mostly spoken around Central or Northern parts of India. The prominent Hindi speakers reside in India, but some also spread in regions of South Africa, Mauritius, Yemen, Uganda, and Bangladesh. You write Hindi primarily in devnagri script. Hindi is the only language which has given us words like “shampoo”, “Jungle”, “Bungalow”.
5. French Language
- Native Speakers: 76 Million
- Non-Native Speakers: 153 Million
- Total Number of Speakers: 229 Million
- Name of Language: le français
- Language family: Romance, A Sub-Branch of Indo-European
French is another Romance Language in our list and it is also the official language of 28 countries. The countries with which a higher number of Non-native speakers reside in Canada, France, Belgium, and Switzerland. However, One can also find some natives of East Caribbean Islands and central Africa speaking French. The passage of time has led to the influence of Celtic and Germanic tongues.
6. Japanese Language
- Native Speakers: 128 Million
- Non-Native Speakers: 121,500
- Total Number of Speakers: 128,350,830
- Name of Language itself: Nihon (日本)
- Language family: Japonic
In spite of the Japanese being the most widely spoken language, the origin to it is quite unknown. For example, It mainly adopts “hiragana” and “katakana”. Japanese has about 40% of its characters adopted from Chinese languages. In spite of being with an unclear history, it is among the Most Important Languages of The world. Other than in japan, you will find the Japanese speaking personals in the US, Philippines, and Brazil.
7. German Language
- Native Speakers: 220 Million
- Non-Native Speakers: 90 Million
- Total Number of Speakers: 310 Million
- Name of Language: Deutsche Sprache
- Language family: Indo-European
The German language has been a key language in new economies of Eastern and Central Europe. For instance, some of the Non-Native German language speakers are situated in Austria, Liechtenstein, Luxemburg, Belgium, and certain parts of Switzerland. As per reports, the German language comprises of about 5.3 million words and one-third of them were added in the last 100 years. Moreover, Non-Native Speakers make close to two-thirds of world German language speaker.
8. Korean Language
- Native Speakers: 2 Million
- Non-Native Speakers: 50 Million
- Total Number of Speakers: 127 Million
- Name of Language: Proto-Koreanic
- Language family: Koreanic
Korean is adopted as the official language of the Republic of Korea and the Democratic Republic of Korea. Whereas each nation has adopted different forms. Other than the Korean peninsula region, you will find the Korean speakers in China as well. But the standard to this language has been maintained by both countries over the “Seoul Direct”.
Language and professional document translation in different Language are playing an important role in brand and company expansion. If you want to expand your company and brand in foreign Market, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit us at www.linguidoor.com.